Reality is slow to set in when one begins a new journey.... Today for me it was in the packing of a box of books.....
I consider myself a connoisseur of children's books. I haven't had as much time as I would like to devour books, but when I do, I love a good quick kid's book. As such, I have accumulated quite the collection over the years so that I could pass this love onto my students. Not going to lie, I also love a good bargain, so when books are a good deal... I may buy a few.
So today, while my students were eagerly working on a writing project and needed absolutely nothing from me, I decided to make myself useful and start packing some books. I look at this as my most daunting task for the move, because of the sheer number of books so why not start there (literally hundreds).
The organization... I could simply throw them in any box and sort them over the summer, but that seems silly. So I decided I should sort them into 3 categories, books for iTech, books for Peyton and home, and books that I probably won't ever use again (well loved, or irrelevant to anyone).
It's strange thinking about the fact that if all goes according to plan, I won't ever be an elementary teacher again... I mean it is my hope that I will do this middle school stuff for a few years with iTech, finish my admin credentials and then succeed into an administrative position. Now whether or not that all comes to be remains to be unseen. But that fact really hit home when I was packing up those books today.
So strange to be leaving this behind, but I am excited to look toward the future also :)
No comments:
Post a Comment