Inspired by my friends Darci's weekly pregnancy post, I would like to try completing a monthly update on Peyton.... obviously she's 8 months old now, so I'm a smidge bit behind, but we all have to start somewhere right... who knows perhaps I will be inspired to re-create earlier months... challenge my memory a bit...
Weight- 15 lb 4 oz.
Hair- still too short to pull back, but getting more and more of that beautiful red
Clothes- still fit in a few 3-6 month sets, but mostly in the 6-9 months sets. A few 6 month jammies are getting to be too short
Teeth- none yet
New Skills- You can scoot across the floor really well. Still with your belly on the floor though, kind of like army crawling using your arms and legs to drag, pull, and push yourself where you want to go. Just within the last few days you also developed the skill to get back into sitting up from laying down. It's a bit awkward but you can do it (note to self- if you come across this post again and still haven't lowered the crib mattress... it's time)
Foods- You're kind of in a food rut- sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, mangoes. You would eat puffs all day if we let you and you really enjoy yogurt melts as well. We've tried to give you little bitties of other food we're eating, like noodles or waffles but you kind of fake choke on them and don't seem too pleased... We'll keep trying
Favorite moments- Personally, I love bed time with you. Daddy and I get you ready for bed together, then I nurse you while daddy lays on the floor and reads us bedtime stories. I love the simplicity of this family activity. We've read the Wizard of Oz and a set of Fairy Tales.
Other Favorites- You are laughing and smiling more and more. It's pretty cute and easier to get smiles and laughs out of you.
Least Favorite moment- You and I took a car-ride up to a baby shower in the Tacoma area. On the way home you were so exhausted but upset to still be in the car. I had tried to feed you and you were changed so I knew we just needed to get home. You cried for about 45 minutes and I knew the best thing to do was just to keep driving because if I stopped you would think we were done... It was really sad to see you in the mirror crying and being so upset. You finally fell asleep and that was great for both of us.
Anything else? We celebrated our first mother's day. (see other post) but it was a great day and I am lucky to have a wonderful husband and daughter. You're content most of the time and if you're not content it's a pretty easy fix (sleep, eat, of change diaper) You are loving the discovery of toys and what you can do with them. I'm amazed to think of how much you've grown in 8 months time.
Love this Jenni!! You'll have to add a monthly photo too so you can see how fast she's growing! Can't wait to see your other updates!
ReplyDeleteSo perhaps a stupid question... although I obviously don't know the answer... how do I post a picture... I clicked the little picture button when I was writing the entry (because I was planning on putting one in) but the choices I was given for my pic file... one wasn't from my computer. I believe one was from a URL, another from a blog, and I can't remember the other option... did I do something wrong? Where do the pics come from? Can I pull one from my computer files like I do elsewhere?
Delete