Friday, May 18, 2012

Did Someone hit FastForward?

I know... five years from now, no one is even going to know what 'fast forward' even means... Crazy how things change..

But really... Peyton will be eight months on Sunday, How is it that my daughter is already eight months old?! I mean I can clearly and vividly remember being pregnant, having my water break and the whole labor process, how is it that eight months have already gone by.

My baby can sit up, roll over, crawl via army man style, and eat solid foods. Just a few months ago, she was very fragile needing support for each and every thing. I used to be able to set her down somewhere and she'd still be there when I returned. She used to snuggle up against me and fall asleep. She's developing her own little personality. She's determined and stubborn. She wants things when she wants them and can be kind of demanding. She wants attention most of the time. Everyone LOVES her eyes, they are her most complimented feature. She's growing up to be a beautiful little girl, but oh my goodness so fast!

Some things I have learned...

it's impossible to be mad at a baby even if you're severely sleep deprived, and haven't had your morning coffee, because when they look up and smile at you, and start waving their appendages like a crazy person, you realize you are their world!

Sleep is precious, I was blessed with a baby who does really well sleeping at night and I have learned that I shouldn't brag about that to friends... they don't want to hear it

My husband is an amazing man to stay at home with her all alone all day, I have only been left alone with her a few times and it's amazing how much needs to happen...

Babies can and will be messy- always have extra clothes, wipes, and a positive attitude

NEVER did I think, I would hold my hand out for vomit to land in it... I have....

Not all babies magically fall asleep in a car... I think it's a myth, my baby doesn't much care for her seat

Paper is not a sound source of fiber and babies can't really eat it very well... so try to keep it out of their reach

One can never have enough 'puffs' for the little one to munch

That ONE thing in the entire room that you don't want them to play with... they will sense it, find it, and immediately play with THAT thing

"Real" items are WAY cooler than ANY toy on the market

I'm sure that I have learned many more things about parenthood and the adventure that the Holm family is on with Peyton, but those are some highlights. I'd like to *try* to be better about documenting Peyton since I don't get a lot of other opportunity to write or scrapbook, I would like to have these memories or I am sure they too will fade with time...

No comments:

Post a Comment