So about a year ago one of my facebook friends from college made a post about how she was trying all these things for free... Me being the 'thrify' person that I am thought... free? I like free... how do I get free stuff?? So I inquired from her and she told me about this bzzagent site (pronounced buzz). It is a site where people sign up and sometimes they get to try out free stuff in exchange for creating reviews for it. Now I know what you're thinking because I thought it also... what's the catch, I probably have to ship it myself or it's going to be like lame stuff.... So I dug around.
The site seemed pretty legitimate and I recognized many of the brands that they mentioned. So I thought what the heck, signed up and here I am...
First step, take surveys. They post new surveys for people to take all the time. Then using the information from those surveys you might be able to get a campaign invite. It depends on the company that is trying out a product. They might only want a certain demographic or a certain area of the country or age group or whatever. So basically if the stars align just right... you might get an invite. I didn't hold my breath waiting for one.
Low and behold about a month into it ( I checked about once a week for surveys, that's about it) I was invited to try some CoverGirl make up. Ok cool... I can do that. They sent it to me in a little box, along with some information and coupons to pass onto friends. I did that campaign and then quite awhile went by before I got another one. Around the holidays I was invited to some food related campaigns. I got to try some cookies from Fred Meyer and some appetizers from the Fred Meyer brand. (If they can't actually ship the item, ie frozed food items, then they give you a coupon to use at the store for purchase, still free though)
Now in the last 6 months I have done campaigns for... diapers, (heck ya free diapers!), cat food, olive oil, Sobe drinks, and the latest is some Dr. Scholl's inserts. Might I remind you, free of charge, I am just asked to follow some directions in terms of sharing my thoughts (and I can be honest) and give feedback. I feel kind of annoying blasting product stuff on Facebook, but I suppose that's kind of the point of getting people to see the products and such...
I like that they have really fine tuned their processes and I have enjoyed each campaign that I have been a part of, I'm not getting invited to take part in things outside of my lifestyle or anything. It's pretty easy to use and review products and the better job you do with the invites given, the more likely you are to get invited to more campaigns.
Pretty Cool! If you're interested... .www.bzzagent.com
No comments:
Post a Comment