Friday, March 2, 2012

It just takes one...

A friend of mine recently shared her blog with me. She is capturing her pregnancy (and other important events) via a blog... I thought, hey why not, that seems like it could be fun and even if I'm the only one to read it, well at least I won't forget it.

To sum up my family stats currently... The Holm family is made up of Chris and I along with our beautiful daughter Peyton oh and of course Boo the kitty. Chris and I frequently find reasons why we're lucky to have one another (mainly because no one else would ever put up with our ridiculousness) and we're enjoying our adventure into parenthood as we raise Peyton.

I recently lost a bit of my technology when I broke my phone and didn't have one for 2 1/2 days... I know, I sound like one of those snobs that thinks of her phone as like her third arm. Seriously think about it though. How often do you grab your phone for something. No longer do we just use it to call someone. My phone is my alarm clock, grocery list, to-do list, connection with parents and entertainment while pumping just to name a few things. I was kind of lost without it for the first day. Then for the other two days, it was kind of nice to have an excuse to not be connected. In fact, I think I will wait awhile to tell people it's working again... It amazes me to see just how smart phones are... I just connected my sim card, and battery to the new phone and badda bing, badda boom, it was like I was looking at the same phone again, just less bent. Photos, contacts, and connections all restored. I remember when I replaced one of my first phones and having to manually re-enter all my contacts.. ah those were the days...

Anywho, we'll see how often I can get in here and update on what the family is doing... I am a bit busy with work, Peyton, Chris (though he does well caring for himself and us :) and my admin classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment