Disclaimer... Peyton is now 8 months old, but I wanted to go back and document the beginning of her life better than I did initially so some of these details might be a bit fuzzy....
September-December 2011
Weight- between 7 and 11 lbs
Hair- just a smidge, but nice and red in the sun outside
Teeth- none yet
Clothes- Newborn and 0-3 month stuff. You fit nicely in the newborn stuff for about six weeks, got good use out of those clothes! Then through Christmas you were pretty firmly in 0-3 month stuff. You need new jammies sooner than anything else, since they're all closed in, they get too short. Favorite outfits... definitely 2 outfits from daddy's friend JJ- one ADORABLE weiner dog outfit and I think the other one was polka dots and something with daddy's cutie or something. They were the best! There were some other really great ones in there, but we've since passed most of those onto the upcoming baby Vick.
New Skills- It was all new! First you got really good at holding your head up, right from the beginning of tummy time, you didn't like to lay it down, so you held it up instead. During these three months you also learned to smile, hold toys (kinda) and by the very end you were able to kind of roll over if conditions were just right.
Food- strictly boob juice
Favorite moments-
Pretty much all of them :) I loved to hold you while you snuggled up against me. I loved watching you get to know both daddy and I. Obviously mommy and baby have insta-connection due to the fact that I baked you for several months and I am your sole source of food... but to watch you work with daddy... made me love you and him even more. Bath times were pretty fun too, on the bathroom counter in your little tub. Then afterward, you smelled SOO good! Another favorite... starting at like 8 or nine weeks old, you started sleeping for long stretched (a good 6 or more hours per night) One lucky mama!
Least Favorite moment- Newborn babies tend to go through like a zillion diapers... I'm pretty sure there were a few times where we went through like 3 diapers just on the changing table. I love you, but have you seen the price of diapers!
It was also not particularly enjoyable getting you to sleep for these first few months. Now let me preface with this... sleeping was one of my favorites... how can it be a least favorite... Well the actual process of getting you to sleep... no good. I would start at like 9pm... I would feed you... Then we'd play for awhile... Then I would feed you with the intent of getting you to sleep while feeding. Next, I would wait... and wait... until I thought you were good and asleep, and only then would I start the slow journey up the stairs to lay you down for bed (at first in your pack and play, by the end of this time, your crib in your room). If you woke up in this process... we'd begin again... hence the least favorite moment. (Lots and I mean LOTS of Netflix watching going on) Also naps were really rough with you. You LOVED to sleep while being held, but that meant that whoever was holding you could do nothing else... we love you, but this got old after a few weeks.. eventually we busted out the carriers and you just slept in those while we carried you around on us. Ah.. that carrier was a godsend!
Anything else? So much happened during those first three months, I wish that I could recount it all... Here's some highlights...
We put you in a pumpkin to take pictures- you hated it! But we got some cute pictures
Great Grandma and Grandpa Caldwell came to visit just before Halloween, it was fun to visit with them and we got some cute pictures at the pumpkin patch
You went to school at WSU-V with me for several weeks before we started leaving you home with daddy
Your first Thanksgiving was at aunt Megan's house- you ate boob juice...
Your first Christmas was at home with grandma and grandpa Holm, then at grandma and grandpa Caldwell's and finally at Aunt Pat's house for the annual dessert and gift exchange
Grandma and Grandpa Holm watched you while mommy and daddy went to Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Megan watched you while mommy and daddy went to see the latest Twilight
You didn't care too much for the car....
You slept great in your pack and play at first, then not, so you slept in bed with us for a few weeks, then we got you back into your pack and play at night but you pretty much only napped in the carrier. Eventually we got you into your crib. And in December we got you straightened out with naps in your crib also. That was an awful tear-filled time for you and me both! (but the terrible part was extremely shortlived-like two days- and ever since then you've been *pretty good* about going down in your crib awake)
We went to visit Aunt Julie and the Schilperoort clan one day, you were good on the car trip
You went to school at SJA a few times to say hi and the kids adored you
For your first Christmas you recieved a wooden playset from Costco from mom and dad, along with a few outfits, some clothes from grandma and grandpa Holm and a crib bumper from them, a high chair and clothes from grandma and grandpa Caldwell and clothes from Aunt Megan.
I'm so glad you loved the outfits!! :)
ReplyDelete