The Holm house has expanded! Well, that's not entirely true, but it sure does feel like it! For 13 months we shared our home with a family of three (mutually beneficial, money for us, and home for them). Last week, the family moved out. As a result, the Holm house has once again returned to a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, living room AND family room, and we even got some garage space back! It's amazing, all the little things I missed about having my whole house. I don't have to worry about running downstairs scantily clad, or covering up while nursing Peyton. I can make as much noise as I want without feeling guilty about it. I can put food on any shelf in the fridge, Oh so good!
As a result of this move out. We've decided to re-arrange the house... In the downstairs, we're flipping living room and family room. We want to enjoy our fireplace more, and we REALLY wanted a different look. We'll see how this works.
Upstairs, Peyton is moving rooms, the guest room is moving, and we'll have an office once again. All three of those things were combined in one room... It's going to be great to space them out again!
We keep dreaming up these great 'renovations' that we'd like to do, re-do the guest and our bathroom, paint some walls, add this, change that... you know the drill. It all comes down to cold hard cash... yes we have *some* but since none of these are 'necessary' changes, is it really worth it? Shouldn't we be putting that money on debt (darn Dave Ramsey!), or keeping it aside in case we need it for Peyton... AHHH the agony...
Selfishly, I know that both Chris and I want to go out, spend a bunch of money and do some really cool things... we'll see what we end up doing this weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment