June 20th was the last day of school. It was also my last day at Sarah J. Anderson Elementary. This post is in dedication to that time. Here's a recap of some of my highlights, lowlights, or thoughts....
My first year, was amazing! I'm not sure how many first year teachers can say that they had a great year, but I did! I had fun, enjoyed my class thoroughly, and hopefully taught them a thing or two.
It was in my first year, that I made some friends that I will treasure for always. I enjoyed our year together and have remained in contact with several people from that team.
I taught 5th grade that first year. Then on my birthday that year, I was told I was moving down to third grade. (insert lowlight- I cried! I was so in love with my team and 5th grade)
Turns out, it wasn't so bad :) I worked for three years at third grade and continued to work with amazing people. I even finessed team teaching in two of those years and had a wonderful time working so closely with personal friends.
Then here in my fifth year, I moved back to fifth. (I almost had to move back to 3rd right at the start of the year). I got to work with some of the same kids I had two years prior. I was out on maternity leave for part of the year. I didn't feel like I had that close bond that I had for the previous two years, but it was a different experience.
While at SJA I participated in.... culture parade, BizTown, programs at every grade level, career projects, safety team, safe and supportive teams, helped at carnivals, went in a dunk tank, got my butt kicked by kids in various recess tournaments, prepared and implemented great projects, made wonderful lifelong friends, worked for two principals, and 4 associate principals, started and finished my Master's in Education, earned my Professional Certificate, started my Admin credentials.... and hopefully touched a life or two...
Not too bad... for my first five years.... Let's see what I can do with the next 5!
To my friends staying at Sarah J, good luck in this new adventure, and I can't wait to see what comes next!
No comments:
Post a Comment