Peyton is really starting to show her personality these days. She can crawl (still on her belly using her arms) where she wants to go, and sit up to play with what she wants. She has started crawling through the dining table set and chairs, up and over the legs and such. She wanders around quite quickly and I have seen her working on standing up quite a bit. She will pull herself up on stuff some, but usually only gets to her knees. She will also put her arms down on the ground and stand up behind herself (think downward dog Yoga). I am afraid she's going to be an early walker... we'll see....
She has also become quite the babbler. She's trying out lots of sounds with her mouth. Chris and I swear she made the sounds for what seemed like 'hi' yesterday. It was unintentional of course, but adorable all the same. I just can't believe that she's getting so big so fast!
If anyone has any tips on getting baby to eat her veggies that'd be great... she loves her fruit, but she is taking a stand against most veggies. We try to just get a few bites in where we can, but she's not excited...
We're going to transition her to formula for the last three months before her year birthday (already!?). With all my work plans and traveling this summer, it's just not feasible to keep up the pumping routine and it STRESSES me out to no end not producing enough milk for her. I feel that twinge of guilt that I'm not going to make it through her first year, but I just don't think that it would work for me to continue through the summer with the things I have lined up. I feel good that I made it through nearly nine months (probably will be nine months by the time we've actually stopped breastfeeding). It also hurts a little to have to spend money on something that I can produce for free... but hey, win some lose some right... I can be thankful that really we've only invested in food, diapers, wipes, and now formula for Peyton. We haven't really spent money on clothes, toys, or anything else.
Well that's Peyton.. how about Chris and I?
Chris joined a summer Pool league with some of his friends from his normal pool crew. He's playing in an 8 and 9 ball league on Thursday nights. He went for the first time last week and he lost, but just barely. I'm glad he's got something that gets him out to socialize with other adults on a weekly basis. He really enjoys those folks too! Other than that... he fixed our glider chair today, (thank goodness) I can rock again! We're trying to nail down a time for him to build a fence this summer... and it looks like it will be in July since I need to be around to watch Peyton. That should be fun :)
We joined Firstenburg Center on Friday afternoon. I'm really excited about our three months. We didn't pay out of pocket at all! I had some birthday money from Chris's parents and then some tutoring money from some tutoring I will be doing this summer (I know more summer stuff right...) so we covered the cost for membership (only$129 for the whole family for three months!) I went and worked out both Saturday and Sunday. I willed myself to stay off a treadmill since I own one... So I did some elliptical, stationary bike and one of the massive stair climbers. I have always been intimidated by the stair climber because the machine is enormous and I feel like I could just fall off (which you could). I actually think I might like it though... I wasn't like out of breath from using it like a treadmill, but sweat was dripping off of me... sign of a good work out. They also have some amazing nautilus strength training machines. I used several of them today. Heere's hoping I'm headed somewhere good... (now we did go get MooLattes at DQ this evening too.. so that's not particularly helpful, but at least I worked out... so there's less guilt there... ) And we ate all meals at home this weekend, which we're not always good about on weekends... small steps...
13 more days with my kids at SJA, and LOTS of fun stuff with them in those 13 days. Should be a great end to the year! Then right on to iTech stuff (see other post) Should be a great and wonderful June!
Don't feel bad about switching to formual, Jenni. You did a great job and lasting 9 months is awesome! I totally know what you mean about not producing enough and how much of a stress it is. I can't tell you how grateful and relieved I was when Roman started on solids, too, because I knew my supply wasn't going to be enough for much longer. As soon as he hit a year I stopped pumping and was so glad.
ReplyDeleteI think we are going to get a summer family pass at Firstenburg too! Maybe we'll see you there or can plan to take the kiddos swimming together there soon :)