Friday, June 22, 2012

9 Months to Peyton!

Weight- about 16.5 lbs
Hair- still too short... but as more comes in it hides that awful cradle cap scaliness.. mommy picks at it too...
Clothes- Still fitting in the 6-9 month clothes set, but we're transitioning into the 9-12 month clothes. Grandma Caldwell bought new 9 month jammies over Memorial Day, because of the length needed. I think she's going to pop over to the 12 month jammies quickly though because the 9 month one's aren't that roomy in length (I think they may have shrunk... or she could have grown...)
Teeth- none yet
New Skills- Still scooting across the floor in the army crawl, but you do hands and knees crawling sometimes as well. You seem to go faster on your belly, but if you take the time, you'll do hands and knees. Good thing we lowered that crib... you will now pull yourself up into standing if you can get a good grip on things. Your balance while standing is still quite preliminary, but you're getting there. Sometimes it's like the splits. You concentrate on where your hands are, what you can touch and forget about your legs and they are often left in a funky, not easily held position.
Foods- You still certainly prefer fruits to green veggies, but we continue to make an effort. This month we also started feeding you yogurt. We started off with the 'baby yogurts' by Gerber, but after some internet research, it seems you can have regular yogurt as long as it's not the fat free, fake sugar kind. You really like yogurt (except banana flavor) and you love yogurt bites too. Those are the freeze dried disc ones. In fact when I spill out yogurt bites and puffs onto your tray, you will pick out the yogurt bites first. You sometimes blow your food all over us as you play with noise, that's not so fun, but other than that, we like meal time. Your getting better at the sippy cup also, which is good. You still have only had milk from the bottle and water in the sippy cup.
Oh, this month, we also have started transitioning you to formula. You currently get a mix of breastmilk and/or formula bottles. You don't seem to care either way. We decided to do this because of mommy's busy summer with work. We're super glad that you're not too picky about because formula is expensive enough when you're just doing the regular stuff... let alone if you needed something special!
Favorite moments- Still loving story time at bed time with daddy (currently reading Charlotte's Web). I also love that you are more interested in baths now. You've started splashing around. You seem to really like the water. In fact, we went swimming with Grandma Holm on Father's Day weekend when they were visiting. We went to Firstenburg and stayed in the pool for about an hour. You really enjoyed it! You are getting more talkative too. 'Ba, Ba, Bwah" seem to be your favorite sounds. I respond to you with 'ma ma, ma ma' but you just laugh.
Least Favorite moment- As mentioned above in the food section.. you spitting your food isn't super fun... You're usually just blowing bubbles or something but depending on the size of the bite we gave you, it is sometimes like a small shower of baby food... ewww... I'm sure greater messes are in store as you learn to feed yourself, but this one... I'm not particularly fond of.
Anything else? Father's Day was celebrated just before you turned nine months. You got daddy a card, (I helped you write some sentiments) and we bought daddy new tongs for the barbecue. We had a very delicious dinner (2 nights barbecuing in a row!) and enjoyed some family time with Chris's parents.
I can't believe you're 3/4 of a year old already! I'm glad that I can document here these phases that you go through because in the blink of an eye you'll move to the next exciting stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment