So... it's been awhile.... Update in categories perhaps may be the best way to organize since I haven't done this in almost 2 years!
Peyton- So she's almost 4 now! Peyton walks, runs, crawls, rides her bike (kind of...) eats just about anything, knows her letters and numbers and more. It is incredible to watch her grow. She is thoughtful, curious, a good friend, and a great big sister (more on that soon). She loves to play with her friends, listen to stories, watch Netflix, and she's a great helper. She does chores and gets paid for doing them. She loves to go to Target to spend her money. She loves playing at the park and running around. We still haven't put her into any organized 'events' yet, but she loves to play with her friends and go on adventures with family. It's hard to recap 2 years worth of her life here in a few sentences. Her vocabulary is astounding and she learns more each day. I love watching her put things together. She recently started rhyming words and adding -ly almost appropriately. I can't believe she will be 4 in about 6 weeks!
Some stats- Weighs about 32 lbs, a little over 3 feet tall, all baby teeth are in, has had 3 hair cuts to date, with the first one being last summer.
3rd Birthday party- had friends over for dinner club, had breakfast for dinner with dirt and worm cups for dessert. Also had a family party and we made a blue cake. Peyton picked out her decorations at the dollar store and in an interesting coincidence she picked the same decorations as we did for her first birthday, it was kinda funny.
Friends- Dinner club keeps growing, here's all the kids to date-
Roman, Maia, Peyton, Keegan, Hudson, Makena, Kelsey, Josephine, Kensie, Ella, Emilynn, Carver, Logan, Emilline. (and two more girls on the way) and I really hope I got them all!
Logan- Say what! The Holm family expanded by one :)
Logan Raymond Holm arrived on October 30th 2014 at 12:25 PM weighing 7 lb 8.5 oz and 19 inches long. He was born at Legacy Salmon creek. I'll share his birth story and perhaps some updates on him in a different blog post. (I kind of have mom guilt that I have Peyton's early life documented and nothing so far for the Loga-meister. Logan is 9 months old now and pretty awesome!
Chris- when last we left, Chris was a truck driver for the Columbian and I think he was being trained as a lead driver. He eventually moved into a higher position and wasn't driving at all, but instead organizing the whole run. It was a great position for him. He had decent hours, 5 days a week, earned time off, had benefits, etc. It was super stressful in the holiday seasons, but other than that it was pretty good. He was able to maintain that while also taking care of Peyton during the day. He worked there until December 8th 2014. Since then, stay at home daddy! When Logan arrived, he took a week or so off, and then returned to work through the toughest part of the holiday season. After that, he was able to quit and stay home with the now two munchkins. This is all because of my new job :)
Jennifer- Well... two years ago, I had decided to speed up my intern program so that I finished in May of 14 instead of May of 15. This was incredibly tough, took time, committment, money, etc. It was SOO worth it though. I was able to stay at iTech through my internship, and actually interned with my good friend Darby. The year was kind of a blur, but it was good. I ended up getting a job here in Vancouver Public Schools at the end of it. I currently work as an associate principal at Discovery Middle School. I LOVE it. I really was meant to work in a middle school, and I am more and more sure of that each day. I'll try and blog about my job stuff separately soon. (right, mental note, I'm up to 2 other blogs needed...)
Boo- Well, Boo is still with us and wonderful. She's 6 now. Thank goodness we got her the year we got married as it's easy to keep track of how old she is :) No other pets, though Peyton was asking for a dog today...
Family Stuff and things...
It's been great being able to vacation since Chris stopped doing nightly delivery. We haven't really gone anywhere different, just visiting family and such. It's so relaxing up in Birch Bay. Peyton loves to visit grandma and poppa. Walks on the beach, eating dinner on the deck, and this year, I even took Peyton to the local water slide park. That was interesting for sure. Last summer we dropped Peyton off with Auntie Julie and headed to Leavenworth for the night and that was super fun.
Since I last blogged we have two different vehicles. We now own a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, and a 2008 GMC Acadia. Did you hear me say own??! That's right, we own them. We are debt free except the house. Didn't hear that?! I said... 'WE'RE DEBT FREE EXCEPT THE HOUSE'! That in and of itself is such an accomplishment for us. We've spent nearly $100,000 in debt over the last seven years and it's so nice to not have those bills anymore!
Well, I think that's all for now... I have some other entries to make, but this is a good start!
No comments:
Post a Comment