Weight- I'm going to guess about 24-25 lbs. now. I haven't put you on the scale in awhile. It's funny how weight works for little tykes like you. You seem so petite, but there are SOO many clothes that just don't fit (see below) how is that?!
Hair- Ponies all the time now! You get them in shortly after you get up, a re-do after nap, and you're good to go. I was shocked at how easily you took to them since you were never a headband wear-er. You usually leave them be. We DID go through an entire afternoon thinking you had eaten your hairties while napping because we couldn't find them, I just assumed they'd pass.. right? We did end up finding them tucked into a blanket in your bed though so phew, no worries. Also, you are the one to put your hair ties away, very cute, we pull them out, and you go put them in the bathroom drawer every time.
Clothes- Holy Moly, growth spurt? We noticed that your cute little tummy was sticking out of many of your shirts.. so I decided it was time to look through your next set of clothes. Now I had a super small stock of '24 month' clothes, and seriously 3 bins of T clothes, not sorted... that was a chore.. regardless, I pulled out all 2T spring/summer clothing and same with the 24 month stuff. My darling you will NEVER be cold... I have like 6-10 winter coats just waiting for you... Oy! So anywho... it's kind of fun, you have LOTS of options now, but it amazes me that you can be wearing T clothes, but you're so tiny. To be fair, there is a fair stock of the clothes that are still put away because they are too big, but I'm glad I started digging through there, so much cuteness!
Teeth- Still using the brush your teeth trick so I can do your hair. I have graduated you to the counter though instead of sitting IN the sink. You're ok with it, especially if you get to rinse your toothbrush at the end. I think you're about to break through your canines. You have all your front teeth and many molars. Thankfully, you've been a pretty easy teether throughout... or at least if you were grumpy about teeth we were never sure...
New Skills- I'm not sure a day goes by that I'm not impressed by your abilities. Just tonight we were reading an ABC book, and there are some words you know like Apple for A, but then I pointed at B and said what's that and you said what astonishingly sounded like Butterfly (which it was). You are willing to try saying just about any word, and the frequent ones are getting clearer and clearer by the day. I love to listen to you babble, so fun! Other than verbal developments...
Getting better at 'running' I love how it's a whole body experience for a toddler to run, bounce, bounce bounce.
You are petting Boo nicely these days, you used to just give kisses.
You are getting better at kicking a ball. Mainly, it gets pushed with your foot, but that's ok.
You are doing well at puzzles. You have an animal wooden one, and then a gear-like caterpillar that you can put together. That's fun, I'd like to get you more puzzles to work with. You do still try to shove pieces in with brute strength, but at least they're usually the RIGHT piece, just turned the wrong way...
Foods- Major Fruit kick right now! You can eat "BooBerries Peees" (blue berries, please) like they're going out of style! You are very interested in anything we're eating, and we're fine with that as long as it's not too spicy. We usually let you try something, but so far, you're not a fan of strong spices. You love to eat crackers, cereal, breads, and more. I have made a few PB & J sandwiches and those are fun. Grandma took you out with Auntie Megan to Spaghetti Factory and they said you LOVED your pasta and even tried to twirl your pasta like you saw someone else doing. Too cute :)
Favorite moments-
All of them! Seriously, you never cease to amaze me.
You reading books is so fun. You love to look at books (we did accidentally 'love' one too much...see below) You will sit and allow me to read a book, then you say 'all done' 'Peyton's turn' and you will then flip through the pages again 'reading' the book to yourself. You talk about what you see, make the animal noises, point out things and more. That's cool. I hope you continue to love reading
Mother's Day and my Birthday were both this month, you give me a reason to a second 'holiday' and that's pretty awesome. Daddy treated me right on both days and you were pretty good too :)
Oh I've got one! So one Saturday at Barnes and Noble, there was a special story time. They were going to have Skippy Jon Jones visit for story time. So we went, because who doesn't LOVE the siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuaha (sp?)... No? Just us? The books are hilarious! So anywho... we go and wait, and wait.. .Skippy was running late you see... Then out comes a fully grown Skippy Jon (person in suit) and you went NUTS! Your body got tense and you were squealing... terrified? NO! You were simply delighted. You wanted to love on Skippy SO much! So Skippy came out, they put him on the little stage and started reading the story. Well... we had to leave story time because you just wanted to join Skippy on the stage and show him loves. So we patiently waited far away from story time for it to be over.. .Then Skippy was nice enough to allow hugs or high fives. You loved it! That was so fun for me. After Skippy, we made little paper flowers for mother's day.. you ripped mine up...
Least Favorite moment-
Remember that 'loved book'? Well.. it was a library book... yep we had to do the walk of shame and take the book back that you had ripped the page out of. It was a clean rip though! They 'reviewed it' and said they thought they could fix it. They said thanks for being honest and not just throwing it in the slot, letting it be someone else's problem.
What I'll call the 'Peyton Show'. Now both daddy and I love you VERY much, obviously... but sometimes it's hard for you to understand that the world doesn't quite revolve around you... maybe we're bad parents and it should.. regardless. It's hard for you to understand that sometimes you don't just get everything you want... tough lesson to learn... Or that you have to wait for things sometimes. For example, I can't pick you up while I am also trying to flip a grilled cheese sandwich no matter how well you smash yourself between me and the stove, or when it's downpouring rain out, I'm not going to play in the backyard (perhaps if it were warmer in the rain) So that's kind of tough because then there's crying... and well. just a lesson to learn. We do love you though and usually, you're pretty easy to distract.
Anything else?
I'm so excited for summer! I think it will be less busy than I've had in a long time too! Perhaps I will even get some pictures up. There's some good ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment