Friday, April 20, 2012

Peyton 3-7 months

Weight- 11-15 lbs
Hair- slowly but surely more of that fine red hair is coming in. You lost some on the back of your head, but that is filling in as well
Clothes- Mostly you spent your time in 3-6 month clothes. Again, jammies get bumped up to the next size first. Among the favorites... an Old Navy onsie and pants with a birdie in tans and salmon color from Grandma Caldwell, your very own UW Husky cheerleading outfit, and a super cute Very Hungry Caterpillar shirt and pant set. After you turned 6 months we transitioned you into the 6-9 month clothing set. Can't believe that you are so petite! Even as I write this now (you're 8 months) you can still fit in the 3-6 month pants and you crawl right out of some of your 6 month pants. Daddy even took pictures :)
Teeth- none yet
New Skills- It was a very exciting time during these few months. You mastered rolling over. You never really did the end over end rolling like some kids do to get where they want, but you would roll from front to back and back to front. You also got really good at sitting up. It was about the beginning of April that you were finally getting the hang of this. At first you would sit fine for awhile, then suddenly flop over (thank goodness for the boppy to hold you up). It was nice once you could sit up, you would enjoy playing more on the floor with toys. It was toward the tale end of this time frame that you really worked on scooting around. I will use the term crawling loosely. You army crawl using your arms and legs but with your belly on the floor. At first you could just crawl places, but once you got there you were angry that you couldn't get up and do anything. (Now at 8 months, you've gotten past that too)
Foods- Still boob juice, but we also introduced solid foods in this time frame. First we used a 'fresh food feeder' and would stick things like bananas or strawberries in this. It's like a mesh bag that you can suck on and get the flavor and smushed up food without worry of choking. Then eventually we busted out the rice cereal. Not super exciting, kind of runny and blah! Then we started an all out mixing event (I know, your mom mixing food for you, that she wouldn't dare do for herself!) You were getting things like pea/mango/rice cereal or green bean/pear/rice cereal. You were eating it all up, but we got er... a little... uh backed up... It was so sad to see you in so much pain gettin' out a poo, and because we had given you so many things, it was hard to know the cause (no wonder they say to introduce foods one at a time for like three days...) So we really backed off a lot of the fruits and stopped mixing up your foods. You love to sit in your high chair and get food. Your a relatively clean eater right now since we mostly feed you. You really like all fruits, but you're not excited about the green veggies by themselves. We also give you a lot of prunes to keep things going, and thankfully, you like those too.
Favorite moments- During this time... I loved watching you learn to use your voice. No real distinctive talking skills persay but you like to make noise and bubbles. I also love watching you try new foods. You make some of the funniest faces I have ever seen! Your cute little giggle is adorable, and I love that you 'talk' to Boo the kitty. Your face lights up whenever you see her, and you start coughing at her. freakin' adorable!
Least Favorite moment- I went back to work at the beginning of January. If you asked me in December, of course I was sad to go back to work, but I was also ready to get back to it. I can remember that drive in though on the first day... it was tough! Thankfully, I really do LOVE my job and I know you're home with daddy so that makes it way easier. I also hate pumping... Because I have been back at work, I obviously have to pump in order to get you your food. I have a definitely love/hate relationship with this.. I love that you are getting nourishment that you need to grow and that it's free (formula is stinkin' expensive!) I HATE that it takes so much time. It's super lonely pumping... Also, I stress out about pumping way too much. Am I going to have enough, will you get what you need, what if I don't have time, etc. I don't like that this is one of my biggest concerns. Going into spring break, I was WAY low on my supply and thankfully I worked really hard during spring break to get some stock built back up for the freezer, but I don't like this game...
Anything else? I am still so thankful to have Chris stay at home with you during the day. I don't have to wake you up and ship you off to some stranger, I know that you are at home bonding with daddy and you will both cherish this time together. He is a great man to do this for our family and for that I am extremely thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment