Sunday, August 25, 2013

23 Months for Peyton, Where does time go?!

Weight- 25.4 pounds, give or take a bit as I found out multiple times one day since you discovered the scale and wanted to stand on it, 'again' and 'again please' over and over :)

Hair- I don't know if I've really mentioned this, but you have some beautiful curls at the back of your head, they are simply adorable! Little soft ringlets, only in the back, straight as a board on the front! Still rockin' ponies, piggies, and that's about it. I'm not sure you'd sit still long enough for anything else, or that it'd stay in yet.

Clothes- You are solidly in 24 month and 2T clothes these days. I laugh when we try to put you in an outfit only to discover that it's like 12 month pants or something... I put you in some jammies tonight that had footies (warm weather fabric) and you hadn't been in footies in awhile. You thought they were hilarious because your feet disappeared "Where'd toe's go?" as you pointed out. Also, scarily, that was the first time you had worn those, grandma just got them and they're pretty snug!

Teeth- You had your second dentist appointment! You got a bit further in the 'routine' You wanted to sit in the big girl chair, you wanted to wear the sunglasses and bib. Then you were done when the gal started to move the chair. "All DONE" was made very clear. Then it was back to what we'd done before. You sat on my lap, I leaned you back so the dentist could check things out, he sealed them and off we went, with a toy of course, a gorilla squirt toy this time.

New Skills- Your sentences are just getting longer and longer! We're working on asking for something with 'may I, .... please?' and you're getting better and better at it.
You can blow bubbles!
"Boo, I LOOOVE YOU!"- and "Boo, Where AAAREEE YOOOUUU?" from anywhere in the house
Sometimes we put an AC in your room and you can push all the buttons, good and bad...
We learned how to Skype this month! We bought a tablet and decided to try it out with grandma and Poppa up in Birch Bay. You were hilarious, taking over the camera, and talking to them. It was fun and I look forward to more Skype dates!
Playing Peek a Boo and Chase games are some of your favorite! I am amazed that you still like "Where's Peyton" when you cover up with a blanket, that's an old one!
You are in love with Eric Carle Books. We keep two board books in the car and you read them all the time. My favorites are "Big, Fat, Cat-a-peela", "Ka-Koon" and "Beetiful Butta-fly"- I am fairly confident we're going to do a Hungry Caterpillar Birthday party next month!
You are also IN LOVE with Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons, a book you got from the Shinners' for your first birthday. I have probably read that book like 20 times this month. You can repeat parts of it though which is hilarious and I think that book is responsible for you being able to recognize 3, 1, and 0 as written digits. That's pretty cool. "Pop, Oh NO", "Goodness, No" and Pete's song are all things that you can repeat, I highly recommend the Pete the Cat books!
Finally, as a not quite 2 year old... you can already ask for money! Uh Oh we're in trouble!! It's all our fault... we give you the money to hand to the cashier at the store or what-not. The other day we were waiting in a drive through for Starbucks and daddy had taken the cash out, from the backseat, "money please, money please, money please" and at first we were confused because you also call your Bunny, Money... and that was at home. Then we realized that you were asking for the actual Money!! Oy!!



Foods- Still eating most foods, and you're a pretty hearty eater. Sometimes that's not the case, but it's mostly true. You will at least TRY most foods, but some are 'yucky' and you want to spit them out.

Favorite moments-
Interacting with you and being around the house to watch you interact with daddy! You're just so fun to watch. I also love that when we go to a park these days, we can almost just sit back and watch as you have fun. Every park is different, but for the most part, you get it and figure things out.
Our mommy, Peyton date last Sunday was fun! Vancouver had organized an event downtown where they shut down the roads for cars and made a loop for families to walk or ride. We went down there to check out some of the various stations and events. We ended up doing almost the entire 4.2 mile route and it was so much fun! You rolled in the stroller, and we stopped and played at a few places. The entire thing was to entice families to get out more so everything was activity based.

Least Favorite moment-
I'm not sure anything too terrible happened this month... Last month I noted your difficultly in returning to your schedule. We're pretty much back at it. You go to bed about 8 these days, but other than that, we're back to sleeping for a good long chunk.
No big booms for Peyton and that's nice!

Anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment