Hair- So much fun to do your hair! We'll it'd be a lot easier if you would sit still, but we're making progress. I can't believe how much hair you have! We can get it into two piggy tails if we try really hard, but some of it flops back into your face so usually we just do two piggies and some is down in the back. Or I will do one on top kind of off to the side. It's getting dangerously close to being long enough to put ALL in a pony at the back, but not quite.
Clothes- I love putting you in summer dresses, skirts, and shorts! The weather has been pretty nice lately so that's always fun. You have a huge stock of clothing so I am pretty sure that we could dress you differently every day for like at least a month, it's nice to have options.
Teeth- Still coming in, still brushing your teeth, not much in this department. I am thankful that you've been an easy teether. I mean, we've got friends that when their kids are teething they are up in the middle of the night and cranky and that's just unfortunate :( I mean you have your bad days but I am pretty sure that I never really know when you're cutting new teeth. I am thankful for that!
New Skills- Vocabulary overload! I think we're getting to the point where we really have to watch what we say because there is a lot of mimicking. You still only get 2-3 words correctly out at a time, but you will repeat whatever we ask. Just today daddy said "I love you" and you said, "I love you too". You even knew to get the 'too' in there, it was perfect.
You are also officially sleeping 'cage-free' Perhaps I should re-name it, range free, isn't that the more expensive chicken... anywho... On Thursday June 20th you slept for your first night without the front railing on your crib. You have fallen out both nights so far, but you cry for a few minutes and crawl back in bed and off to sleep again. That's AWESOME! I think the funniest thing about this new adventure is... so far, you stay in your bed and don't climb out until we come get you. Then you climb on down. I don't know if that's because you're afraid of getting down, just don't get it, or you are just so used to the bed routine that you just stay there.. I will be interested to find out when you figure out that you could climb out of bed and play..
You can climb into your high chair, so when you're hungry, that's where you go, you even grab the buckles to put yourself in there.
You also figured out how to flush the potty. I think it's kind of nice that you're not afraid of it. I hear that some kids are. You think it's just fine. I will only let you do it after you've tried sitting on the potty. I also give you a square of toilet paper to wipe and then you put it in, get down and flush. It's a start...
Foods- Still eating most things... lots of fruit, not so much meat, mostly what we're eating. I can now give you an entire 1/2 PB and J and you can eat it. I just bought a 1/2 flat of blueberries at the farmers market. Now I won't feel guilty wanting some berries too!
Favorite moments-
Your new room is pretty awesome! You and daddy went to visit the Schilperoort farms for a couple of days while I was finishing my school year. It's cherry season over there. More on that in a minute. SO while you were gone, daddy and I had talked about switching the office and your room to give you a cooler (temperature) room. I decided to make the switch while you were gone. I figured that would be easier since I could literally just trade stuff. There was a lot to do! I'll spare you the details, but I did it! This is also part of the reason that you got the front rail off your bed now. I read somewhere that it's easier to make that transition while there are other changes to. Part of me wanted to keep you caged as long as possible, but daddy made a good point, you have to learn sometime... he's right! Also, a fun fact, when I was disassembling the crib to move it, I had the directions out and it said that when your child is 35 inches you should convert anyway, I bet you're close to that.
Your trip with daddy. You had a daddy daughter trip to Schilperoort farm. It is cherry season so the whole fam is over there. Daddy has Tues/Wed nights off, and I was still busy so you guys went over there yourselves. That was a first. It sounds like you had fun hanging out with family, meeting lots of new dogs and looking at various farming equipment. Daddy said he had to carry you around a lot because it was kind of overwhelming with all the big loud equipment. It was a successful trip over and back though, even with the 3 hour car trip. Way to go.... gearing you up for the 6 hour drive to Spokane next month :)
Least Favorite moment-
It's pretty hard to listen to you fall out of bed... twice... You cried and I wanted to come check on you, but I want you to be independent and figure it out so I let you be. Now it was maybe 4-5 minutes before you were silent again so I am glad I did that, but still that's sad... we put a few blankets under the front of the mattress to kind of angle it a tiny bit back toward the wall. We'll see if that helps. I also do have a big comforter as a crash pad so you're not just landing on the floor.
Not much to complain about here.. You've been really good lately!
Anything else?
Not that I can think of.... summer's here! We have a few things planned and I work a good chunk, but we'll still have lots of extra time together!
Yummy food time! This is a semi-frequent level of messiness, though not always.
Look at how her heel is up. so cute.
Peyton and mama did some work in the garden. It was BAD. Peyton is a good helper, even in a skirt!
We had the teeniest dinner club event, but it was great company. Ian, Emily, and baby Kensie! Peyton was intrigued.
Ok... maybe not intrigued. More like, who is this and what are they doing in my house? No worries, someday you'll be besties :)
One of our first warm days when you could play in the sprinkler. You get wet in sections. Your head, or your arms, or you push your belly way out, etc.
Then a little nakey sprinkler time!
On Father's Day we did a daddy/Peyton photo shoot since it'd been awhile since we got pictures. Here you guys are, daddy is having you help shuck corn for dinner.
Looking for the chickens. Our neighbors have chickens (and I think a rooster too) over there.
Sometimes instead of kicking or throwing the ball, you like to sit and bounce. This one made your dress look funny :)
First time on daddy's shoulders, you are unsure. Though you do like being high enough to 'fluff' the trees.
Daddy sharing the secrets of grilling. *interesting side note, Peyton and I drove WAY over to New Season's for those chicken kabobs on the grill. They were Poblano Peach flavored, except they weren't. It was just tasty grilled chicken, but little other flavor. I ended up emailing the company, and I just got a $20 gift card in the mail from them because they felt bad that I got 'naked chicken'.
Taking a break in the chair...
Aunt Julie! And Zane out at the farm :)
Landon, Grandma, Julie, Peyton, Grandpa, and Zane. Really hard workers taking a moment of time to capture this moment :)
Peyton in a cherry bin. She's so sweet!
I lOVE this picture.
Here Maia, want a snack...
No comments:
Post a Comment