Monday, January 21, 2013

Peyton at 16 Months



Weight- 23.2 pounds according to daddy and putting you on the scale, way to go dad!

Hair- Still just growing, you definitely have a lot more now, still very fine. I wonder if you'll get thick tresses like me.. Right now you're rockin' some great bedhead if you sleep on it funny, but other than that, it usually brushes nicely.

Clothes- The 12 month jams are officially too small. You handed some to daddy the other night, since the laundry was downstairs, and after saying 'night-night' daddy obliged and put you in them. When I was feeding you a bottle, I noticed that you could barely straighten your legs, yeah you're done with those... You seem to have a TON of 18 month jams which is kind of funny, why the surplus this size? I busted out your 18 month shirts/onsies also. The other shirts in particular are allowing your tummy to stick out. This is probably the first time that you've ever jumped ahead in the size scale. Although the 18 month pants look excessively long... how does that work for matching outfits I wonder?

Teeth- I tried to dig around in there this weekend, and I think I got 12, but you're breaking the surface on a few more front ones too. You also have your first dentist appointment at the end of this month. For all my friends.. apparently you are supposed to start taking children to the dentist when they get their first teeth or at one year.. oops, oh well. It's mostly a lap visit and info for us anyway...

New Skills- Last month I seemed to have a ton, this month...
You are quickly progressing from walking to running, you have greatly increased your balance as well.
You are working on walking up the stairs. You do it while holding our hands, but on the bottom stairs where there is a good railing, you are doing it yourself. You are very independent.
You love to crawl in and out of things, like laundry baskets, boxes, and empty tubs.
You play in the kitchen and 'sizzle' food in your pans.
You have begun to ride on your giraffe in the forward fashion, though you still push it most of the time.
You have taken interest in your shopping carts, but mostly you pull them.
Your vocabulary continues to grow in leaps and bounds. Of note this month is "please"- we got tired of your whining at us for stuff, so we taught you please. (when we also have 'cheese' around these words sound exactly alike!)
Random side note... where do kids even LEARN to whine when they don't get something they want? It's not like I go around whining when I don't get something (mostly) so where do they pick this skill up?

Foods- VERY into fruit this month, as are mommy and daddy. You will eat it all day long. You have become more picky at other things, but you're pretty good about letting us know you don't want it, rather than having to throw it on the floor...

Favorite moments- Your growing sense of independence and personality are SOO much fun! I love being able to interact with your more and more each day. You understand so much. I love our walks outside as you explore all new things, though it's been super cold so we try not to be out for long.
You have started this thing where you'll grab our finger and take us where you want us to go, whether it's to the kitchen (you're hungry) or to the closet for shoes, coat, etc (want to go outside) or just a different room in the house, pretty stinkin' cute.

Least Favorite moment- that 'tude from last month still rears it's ugly head when you don't get something you want, but I'm sure it's just you trying to assert your 'authority' or control or something, regardless, you'll learn :)
Daddy and I both don't appreciate the whining when you don't get something that you want, but we're trying to teach you to use your words and adjust.
You have a bit of separation anxiety when it comes to you and I. For instance, you and daddy stayed in the car while I ran in to get us two smoothies from Jamba Juice. You went HYSTERICAL! Crying, tears, the whole bit.. You could literally see me from your seat, but you thought I was leaving or something. This happened after you and daddy left after seeing me for lunch one day also. It's rough on everyone involved!

Anything else?
   I miss you! Since I'm doing school twice a week and a host of other projects for work, I haven't seen you as much as  I'd like (which is all the time!) That's tough!
Pics to be loaded if I find time next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment