Hair- Your hair is coming in so fast these days, I love how it actually takes more than 3 seconds for it to dry after a bath! (This is creating some bed head though if it's wet when you lay down.
Clothes- We are transitioning you into your twelve month clothes. You have a few cute summer outfits that we need to get you into while the weather holds out. I just pulled out your 6-9 month pants, as they're too short, but many of your nine month pants will fit just fine, and most 12 month pants will be big yet. You are solidly in 12 month jammies (and you got some cute ones for your birthday :)
Teeth- Still just the two teeth-ies. I *think* you've got a top one close to the surface, but it's not through yet and I don't know how long these things take...
New Skills- Still crawling everywhere, and you'll walk if we hold your hands. You can hold your balance on your own for maybe 5 seconds, then you plop down. You're getting close, but no rush. You push just about anything you can move across the floor.
You are a pro stair climber and you have gotten better about going down. Daddy is working with you on this. You just got a rocking horse hand-me-down from a friend and I was shocked to see you rock so well the first time you got on!
Foods- Still good to go here! We joked last month about needing to feed you bacon to pack some pounds on before your year appointment. Well we got you to gain 2 pounds so we finally did something right! You still eat anything, at least a few bites. You love to eat what we're having. It is an adjustment to remember to NOT make spicy food, I mean you like flavor and all, but we make fairly spicy food regularly and this is something we need to get used to not doing at least not quickly. You are on whole milk now too so YAY no formula! You are making a good transition to it, so that's nice.
Favorite moments- Your birthday party was delightful and now watching you play with your new toys has been a blast as well. We did the traditional 'baby gets her own cake' thing and you did... ok... You enjoyed the top cake part that was just yellow cake with a powder sugar frosting glaze. You weren't such a fan of the bottom layer which had chocolate frosting on it. Maybe it was too bitter. You also weren't making a particular mess... and you know mama loves a good photo op. So when you were done picking daintily through the cake, I stuck your fingers in the chocolate frosting. You proceeded to give yourself a chocolate bath (hey good for the skin right?!) which resulted in you needing a bath. All mama's fault. You were actually really clean before that!
You also got many great gifts for this first birthday. You have enjoyed all of them already, a talking tea set, a play crawl through tunnel, stacking cups/balls, a rolly alligator, and more! Mama and daddy got you a ride on giraffe. So far you don't so much ride... as push it all over the place while standing Next to it...
Least Favorite moment- Hmm... I'm not sure I have one this month... Well you did have to get SIX shots today at the doctor's office... that was rough, but at least for now, you're sleeping. Here's hoping it doesn't even phase you. You screamed for a few though... I will say you get over it pretty quickly. We gave you some children's tylenol for the first time tonight though because 3 shots in each leg is quite a bit to handle.
Anything else? I CAN NOT believe how quickly this year has passed! I can so vividly recall tiny details about the beginning days of your life and that was over a year ago now!
I did get to do something that I don't normally get to do with you recently... You are such a terrific sleeper that at bed time, we feed you a bottle while reading a story, then we give you kisses, lay you down and off we go. Well the night before your birthday this was not the case. Try as we may, try as we might, you weren't going down without a fight that night! Finally on I think the 4th attempt and now 2.5 hours after the first try, I went in to calm you down again! I picked you up, grabbed your blankie and sat down in the chair. I tried to offer you a bottle, but you didn't want that. I just held you and rocked for a few minutes. You sat there looking so sad, just laying there with your blankie covering you up. You stared off into space and by golly a few minutes later, you were out like a light... in my arms... It was so precious (especially now that I'm out of the *Oh my gosh, GO TO SLEEP* moment) I rocked you and sat there for a good 30 or so minutes just savoring this special time. I managed to get you in your bed without you getting sad again. Those nights are far and few and while in the moment, they can be stressful, I know that I miss those special rocking times.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEYTON!!
(now that I have figured out posting pics, uh duh!, I will have to go back and do some in the other posts!)

I can't believe its been year already too! She is growing into such a beautiful little girl!
ReplyDelete